I hope to have a lot of these as my time here keeps going but here are a few of my favorites so far.
My co-worker Anna was talking to some students about our Red Wolves and how fast they can run because they have long, muscular legs. And a little girl said "They can run fast because of their long legs. Not like pigs, they have short legs." Yes, yes they do. We found out she hadn't been to a farm recently or seen pigs in the recent past - that was just what she thought about - wolves have long legs they can run fast - pigs have short legs not as fast. Love that line of thought.
While doing a pond prowl where the kids have to dig in the mud and muck of the pond for interesting insects one kid was looking at a giant water bug and said "Now that's what I call amazing." I think it's amazing too. Those quotes are why I'm doing what I'm doing.
We had a camp of children in from Nashville and while we were hiking trails they would keep talking about how they were "going into the wilderness." I really enjoy giving these kids a chance to get outside and really feel how fun it is to hike or camp.
And I've had more than one kid tell me I have the best job ever. To which I reply - yeah, I pretty much do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah, you pretty much do.Those kids are way lucky.
ReplyDeleteHi Joy. I'm glad you're enjoying your job. I was at a wedding this past weekend, where the other half was from Memphis. They were so very nice and proud to be from Tennessee. The mother of the groom said, I even put on shoes for the occasion. "I know what the stereotypes are." hee hee. YEE HAW!
ReplyDelete