Friday, June 18, 2010

Kentucky Party

I got to go to a real Kentucky party hosted by people that actually live in Kentucky. And it was awesome. We were invited by some co-workers that live across the lake in a really fun neighborhood. It's mostly retirees and they know how to have some fun! We got to be picked up from the LBL side of the lake and brought over to the party by boat. I'm pretty sure this is the first party I've ever arrived to by boat. The first thing we noticed was the abundance of really fancy golf carts or mules as I've learned to call them. Check them out:


And they had food. Lots and lots of food. Made by lots and lots of grandmas who really like to have young people try their food. It was fantastic.


And there were a lot of people there. They even had a band.


And everyone was so very nice. Really genuinely nice. I even talked to one guy from Chicago for awhile about food we missed (good Italian, hot dogs, and sausages being at the top of our lists). But, he ended by saying how nice everyone here is and how he has great neighbors. It was one of my favorite parties. Especially because I got to ride on a boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment